1. COFFEE. Oh coffee, how I would get through the day without you? I have changed my habits drastically in this area: I dropped my (3 a day!) Coke Zero addiction to now taking just a bit of milk in my coffee, no sugar! I look forward to my morning...and sometimes afternoon...cup.
2. RUNNING. An exercise I have secretly wanted to try for years and it has changed my life. Running is re-energizing for me as a mother and allowed me to find my inner athlete again. I have big dreams in this department now!
3. WASHI TAPE. I use washi tape for everything: packaging gifts, on my penpal letters, taping up the kids' artwork on the wall, even in my planner! So fun to have on hand.
4. MY HUSBAND. This year, more than ever, I love and appreciate this man. I am fortunate to go through life by his side.
5. WHOLE30. What started as a "quick" way to lose a few extra pounds this summer became a lesson on nutrition that has changed the eating habits of my entire family. Whole30 was difficult at first (especially the sluggish, detoxing days!), but I highly recommend it.
6. INSTAGRAM. What would I do without Instagram? I've had my account for almost a year and hands down, it is my favorite type of social media. Instagram makes documenting the little parts of our day easy...things I would quickly forget are now photographed and written down. I also love that I have been able to connect with so many ladies around the world. They have taught me so much!
7. BENJAMIN MOORE PAINT COLORS. While I can't always afford BM paint, their colors are amazing and I've had them color-matched for most of the rooms in our home. Manchester Tan and Berkshire Beige are my two favorite neutrals.
8. STRIPES AND POLKADOTS. If you look in my closet (or the closets of my kids), these are the patterns you'll find most often. I think I have a problem.
9. OUR CHALKBOARD WALL. I think I love the chalkboard wall more than my kids. It's always changing with motivating and thought-provoking quotes. I love the visual reminders.
10. MY OLDEST, M. I can't seem to talk about this boy lately without getting all choked up. I am so proud of all he has accomplished and the boy he is becoming. Compassionate and gentle, hardworking, helpful and hilarious...he is pretty special.
11. TWICE. Losing weight throughout the year, I've been in a handful of different sizes. I love Twice for their amazing prices on quality, second-hand clothes. And bonus: I never feel too bad if I need to get a smaller size!
12. IMMACULATE BAKING COMPANY'S COOKIES. Um, these are delicious. Our favorites are the fudge chocolate brownie, chocolate chip and ginger snap. They are on regular rotation around here these days.
13. SOCCER. I never guessed I would be a soccer mom, but I like it. So proud of my boy and cheering him on at the field. He moved up into a harder league, but has continued to work hard and improves every week. Love the lessons he's learning and the coaches who are teaching him.
14. AGAINST ALL GRAIN. This cookbook is fantastic for Paleo beginners like me. We have made a handful of recipes so far and everything is excellent!
15. MY SECOND BORN, D. This boy is the perfect mix of his mamma and his daddy. His belly laughs are my favorite. His devotion to his siblings is inspiring...I want to love fiercely like he does.
16. SPARKLING WATER. I've officially given up soda for good, but the summer months had me craving something with carbonation. I thought they were disgusting at first, but quickly came to love sparkling water. Lime and orange are my favorite kinds.
17. HONEST COMPANY. So spoiled with the convenience of natural cleaning products and diapers at my doorstep every month. One less thing to think about is worth its weight in gold.
18. MY PLANNER. I used an Erin Condren planner for the first nine months, but the school year had me itching for something new. I was contemplating purchasing another expensive one when I ran across a girl on Instagram who had written: "While I adored my Erin Condren planner, I didn't want to pay that much again, as I want to use that money toward someONE else"...talk about God talking specifically to me! Instead, I bought a cheap $10 one at Target and I've had so much fun making it my own.
19. STITCH FIX. As extra motivation for weight loss, I scheduled a Stitch Fix box to arrive every other month. I've had wonderful luck with stylists and have loved almost everything I've been sent. Each time, I pick one item to keep...although some months, I want to keep it all! Slowly, I'm creating a new wardrobe for the new me.
20. TALENTI ICECREAM. Always in my freezer and I have some every night, even if it's just a bite. Caramel Cookie Crunch, Mediterranean Mint and Sea Salt Caramel are my favorites.
21. MY J. Just as sweet as he is rotten, this boy has taught me so many lessons on patience. I am a better mamma because of him. I am thankful for his big heart and helpful nature.
22. MY CURLERS. Postpartum hair loss hit me in a big way and my hair is crazy right now. I wear it in a top knot most days, but when I'm feeling fancy, I throw in the curlers. They heat up fast and create enough curl/wave in just a few minutes, which is about all the time I can spare.
23. SHE READS TRUTH. This community of women has been very influential in my life. After an embarrassingly long hiatus, I've picked up my Bible again. These devotionals are thought-provoking and speak straight to my heart.
24. TARGET. Need I say more? I can always guarantee to find something I need and it's rare that I leave without spending less than $50. It's a blessing and a curse.
25. BLOGLOVIN'. I was sad to lose Google Reader, but have loved the switch to Bloglovin'. I really like the ease in commenting on other blogs.
26. MINNETONKAS. Feels like I'm wearing slippers out and about. And I found mine at Marshall's for a steal!
27. THE PENPAL PROJECT. I am so blessed by the connections made with these women. What started as a teeny idea in my heart has blossomed into something so much bigger!
28. SOPHIA. My sweet girl. I have grown into a better woman because of her. She lights up our lives in the very best way.